Health and Safety Measures
Health and safety are key priorities for Air France and KLM. With the outbreak of COVID-19, numerous hygiene measures to protect customers and staff have already been taken.
As of 11 May 2020 Air France and KLM implemented new measures:
- It is mandatory for all Air France and KLM customers and crew to wear face masks during boarding and onboard all flights.
- On KLM flights, children under the age of 10 do not have to wear any face masks.
- Customers must bring their own face masks and these should be big enough to cover nose and mouth. Customers who do not have any face masks are not allowed to board. To ensure the best possible hygiene, customers are advised to bring along several face masks.
- Air France will implement a temperature check before departure of all its flights. These checks will be done with contactless infrared thermometers. Customers whose temperature is higher than 38 degrees will be denied boarding and their reservation will be changed free of charge to a later date.
- Other measures include the intensification of everyday cleaning. Aircraft are being cleaned more frequently and more thoroughly, with special attention to seats, tray tables, armrests and lavatories.
- Also, the air in the cabin is renewed every 3 minutes. The air recycling system on AF and KL aircraft are equipped with "High-Efficiency Particulate Air" or HEPA filters which provide a clean, high-quality cabin air.
- Regarding Social Distancing, we create physical distance between you and other travellers where possible with special seating patterns, for instance by leaving seats open.
- We try to minimize contact moments between travelers and our crew by simplified service on board. This means catering, inflight sales and newspaper services can be adjusted or suspended.