Joon takes off for Quito
Starting May 14th next year, the Air France network is expanding thanks to Joon, with the launch of its Paris-CDG - Quito (Ecuador) route. Customers will be able to travel between the two capitals by Airbus A340 in the comfort of the new long-haul travel cabins, with 30 seats in the Business cabin, 21 seats in the Premium Economy cabin and 227 seats in the Economy cabin. 3 weekly flights will be offered starting at €299 including tax one way1.
Flight schedules (in local time)
AF210: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 13h10, arrives in Quito at 18:05;
AF211: leaves Quito at 19h50, arrives in Paris at 13h50 the following day.
Flights operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays during the summer season 2.
The ancient city of Quito
Located more than 2,850 m above sea level, and built on the ruins of an Inca city, Ecuador's capital is home to many treasures. Its historic center, the best preserved in Latin America, is the first to be included in UNESCO's World Heritage List. From Independence Square to San Francisco Square, nothing beats getting lost in the narrow and colorful streets to discover Old Quito. Want a great view? The Panecillo peak, which stands in the middle of the city, offers a breathtaking view.
Want to go even higher? Quito, bordered by the Andes, is also the starting point for unforgettable escapades into the heart of the volcanoes, the gateway to the lush Amazonian forest and an opportunity to discover the Galapagos Islands and its protected species.
Joon, the new generation travel experience by Air France
Be carried away in Business, Joon takes care of everything
In the Business cabin, enjoy all the comforts of a real seat-bed. Your seat turns into a 2 meter-long seat-bed. The colors, fabrics and space ensure you will be totally relaxed in the Business cabin with all the comforts you require. Thanks to the seat’s fixed shell, you benefit from a real private space: welcome to your very own private bubble where you will receive a welcome kit and a practical and stylish comfort kit. Enjoy our in-flight entertainment offer, with more than 1,200 hours of programs on a 15.6-inch HD touch screen, as well as noise-reducing headphones. Enjoy a complete meal with dishes designed by exceptional French chefs and let yourself be tempted by a signature cocktail concocted by the Experimental Cocktail Club3 for your aperitif and prepared by your Joon crew!
More space in Premium Economy
The Premium Economy cabin offers you a brand new seat with optimal comfort: a 133° seat recline, 99 cm of generous legroom and a 49 cm-wide seat. In your own premium space you benefit from specific products and services, with a comfort kit on arrival on board as well as a welcome drink. At mealtimes, your starters and desserts are inspired by those offered in the Business cabin and are accompanied by a choice of drink including champagne!
Stay on trend and connected in Economy
In the Economy cabin, you have 78 centimeters of legroom and a 118° seat recline. It is equipped with a latest generation touch screen and a USB plug to recharge your devices during the flight. A full meal is also available. And if you wish, you can indulge in a drink or a sweet or savory treat from our additional inflight menu! Finally, feel free to optimize your comfort on board by choosing from our 70 seats available as a "Seat Plus"4 or "Seat Duo"5 paid option.
The world at your fingertips
This new offer is in addition to that of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, which offers a daily flight to Quito and Guayaquil by Boeing 777 from Amsterdam-Schiphol.
The world at your fingertips with Joon:
- To Ecuador – Quito: 3 weekly flights starting May 14th 2019
- To Brazil - Fortaleza: 2 weekly flights then 3 weekly flights for the 2018 winter season
- To the Seychelles - Mahé: 3 weekly flights
- To Egypt - Cairo: 1 daily flight
- To South Africa – Cape Town: 3 weekly flights then 5 weekly flights for the 2018 winter season
- To India - Mumbai: 1 daily flight
- To Germany - Berlin: up to 7 daily flights
- To Spain - Barcelona: up to 7 daily flights
- To Portugal – Lisbon: with 4 daily flights and Porto with 3 weekly flights
- To Italy – Rome: with 7 daily flights and Naples with 2 daily flights
- To Norway - Oslo: up to 3 daily flights and Bergen with one daily flight for the 2018 winter season
- To Hungary – Budapest: 3 daily flights for the 2018 winter season
- To Turkey - Istanbul: 1 daily flight
Joon is the new generation travel experience by Air France. A trip designed for you that you can create yourself. Launched in December 2017, Joon has carried more than two million customers in Europe and worldwide from Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Its fleet consists of Airbus A320 and A321 on its medium-haul network and Airbus A340 on its long-haul network. Joon is an innovation laboratory for the Air France group, with a modular offer, in-flight catering, streaming programs with original content and multiple and innovative partnerships for a global travel experience. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Air France, the company will have a fleet of 28 Airbus aircraft in 2020 (18 A320/A321 and 10 A340/A350). Joon currently employs more than 500 people.
(1) Launch fare - one way, with no hold baggage.
(2) March 31st to October 26th 2019
(3) Cocktail bar located 37 rue Saint-Sauveur in Paris, quartier Montorgueil.
(4) The Seat Plus have additional legroom (34 inches) and are located at the front of the cabin to disembark first. Price: €50 for a flight lasting 9 hours or less and €70 on longer flights.
(5) The Seat Duo are located on each side of the cabin next to the window and provide additional privacy. Price: €30.